All our staff members are fluent in Bengali, Urdu, Punjabi, Spanish, and Creole languages.
SNAP/ WIC BENEFITS
Not sure what assistance you are eligible for? Project New Yorker can help! You may qualify for SNAP -formerly known as food stamps. Reach out to us and we can help you apply for SNAP/WIC.
Please bring the following documents on your appointment day:
- Name of applicant and family members who live in the house
- Proof of home address
- Green card and a passport issued by the country you are a citizen of; green cards or passports of family members that will receive SNAP benefits
- Social Security Numbers of everyone in the household
- Name, phone number and address of your landlord
- Name, phone number and address of your employer
- Information on medical benefits
AFFORDABLE HOUSING APPLICATION
We all know that housing in New York City can be expensive. Finding an affordable place to live is not easy. The application process to get affordable housing can be confusing. At Project New Yorker, a representative will help you complete an application.
Please make sure you have the following documents on your appointment day:
- Proof of your address (utility bill, bank statement, tax filing document)
- Green card or your United States passport
- Social Security Number
- A letter from your landlord or the holder of your mortgage loan that states your monthly payment, phone number and address
- Proof of employment from your employer or a pay stub